Thursday, January 15, 2009

A bottler of a day!

The wonderful thing about this time of year in this part of Southern Tassie is the amazing amount of fruit available. Right now I am preserving nectarines, peaches, apricots & cherries. I’ll also be making raspberry & blackberry jams to complement the vanilla apricot jam & strawberry & rosewater jams we have already made. Look out for the fruit cordials & preserved lemons we’ll have available soon. Later in the year we’ll have Passata available from out own tomato plants.
Karen picked up some ace apricots just this side of Huonville, half of which I preserved, the rest went into jam. This might go well in our yeasty jam doughnuts that we serve on the weekends but I am holding out for the raspberries personally!
Like sentinels they stand, Leatherwood preserved Franklin nectarines & vanilla preserved Sorrell Apricots
We made use of the Fowlers Vacola method to the letter!


These little beauties are made from Cygnet Strawberries & rosewater how more local can you get!?

Vanilla apricots & yes I will pack them tighter next time!

Come on down & taste our region in a bottle!
Cheers Steve & the team

2 comments:

vincent gros said...

I stayed a few month in Cygnet this year and went sometimes in the red velvet lounge. That's a very nice place !
I hope I will come back in Tasmania one day where there are so lovely people.
Now I'm in France, that's a beautifull country too but I missed my tasmanian friends and the wonderfull places overthere.
I made some pictures on Tasmania you can see on this page : htt://www.captures.webou.net
And my blog : http://www.lejournaldeloeil.blogspot.com

Cheers,
vincen

kathleen said...

Hello

Good Day to you, i have been trying to find good topic on google for my blog
and i found yours i found it very interesting i ve learn alot

thanks

Kathy
www.healthandwellnessconsultants.com